Monday, August 29, 2011

Mmm Stuffed Chicken.

I went to my first baby shower of my lifetime. I suppose I am at that age where baby showers start to rain on me. I had the pleasure of celebrating new life with a long-time friend. I purchased some gifts from her registry, of course. It was so much fun to do that for the first time, and imagine how exciting it would be to have a registry of my own! I thought mainly of all the fun in holding a price gun and roaming around wedding sections or baby sections like an overjoyed maniac.

I wanted to make sure that this would be special and in doing so remembered baby gifts I adored through the ages. My favorite, a handmade quilt from my Aunt. Now, Multiple Sclerosis has masked her natural talents and created inhibitors to everyday life, but I still have this 23 year old quilt in not too ragged a condition.

My idea to try and sew my first stuffed animal was much more achievable than trying to complete my first quilt. I discovered how much fun voluminousness can be. The retro terry cloth is original and 100% washable. I even made sure to sign the little guy's heiny.





The mother-to-be had a fantastic reaction. It was more than I could ask for. I have priceless memories from the wonderful day of celebration, and I'm thrilled to see this baby boy grow!



My interest is in trying to find ways to use three dimensional shapes in sewing. Ideas come from everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Visited Posts