Friday, February 25, 2011

Bonnaroo X!

I remember the year I was introduced to the Bonnaroo Music Festival at the ripe age of 18. I set out with some friends only equipped with my emergency information, bathing suit, Chuck Taylors and a great book. Ill-prepared for the adventure I was thankfully mystified by the sounds of Radiohead, Beck, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Sonic Youth; the lineup was outrageous. I couldn't imagine I'd enjoy Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, Cat Power and the Avett Brothers on a farm in Manchester, Tennessee. There are tons of vendors so it was a hard time figuring out which shirt to buy, cut & sew. I settled for this tee, turned it into a great tank.




After a Bonnaroo hiatus due to lack of posse down to endure it again and crappy lineups until a year I had no dough to attend anyway, I returned with my other half Daniel Williams. The bands were phenomenal and the company was even better. I found great neighbors to grill, chill, and craft torn tee shirts. I bought an extra large 'mess-up' from a passerby and turned it into a great sundress for this year's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Visited Posts